This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inaction speaks louder than anything

On May 18th, I sent a reply email to Deadbeat Dad saying, basically, that while he was worried about being lonely I was worried about electricity, gas, and rent to keep his son's home lit, with hot water, and not rented to someone else. I said I couldn't even afford diapers at the moment and when he could help me address those issues, I'd be more reasonable to talk to. I also said if he could suggest a neutral place to meet up for Nelson's birthday, I would consider it.

On May 19th I got a reply saying if I needed money for diapers to come to his place the next day and get the cash for 2 boxes. Now wait a dang minute here. Why should I make a special trip to his apartment to get money for diapers? He lives across the street from a store! Plus, I had errands to do that took me in the opposite direction. I wrote back asking him why he didn't just buy the diapers himself or meet me at a store I was going to anyway and buy the diapers there?

As of today, I have had no response. No diapers, no money, and no suggestions for Nelson's birthday. It was apparently more important that I jump through his hoops than to provide a necessity for his child. I borrowed $20 off a virtual stranger to get diapers and I will be paying that back tomorrow morning after Nelson and I go to pick up my check.

They say actions speak louder than words, but lemme tell ya, inactions scream.
    "I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me
Working...
X