Quoth Sarlon
View Post
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
NCIS
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
You know, I've wondered why they didn't semi-combine the two. I haven't started watching the DVD's yet, but in a few of the re-runs they have JAG characters and I thought it would be cool if those characters in.
-
I pronounce NCIS "Knickers". And firmly believe that the N stands for Naughty.
Leave a comment:
-
Agreed on the character-driven stuff, which is why I love NCIS so much.
I have all 5 seasons, and my mum and sister watch it too (Australian here
). The humour, along with the cat-and-mouse between some of the characters is what I love about the show as well. Kate in the first two seasons was good, it was sad when she died...I couldn't even watch all of Twilight
Leave a comment:
-
I haven't been able to catch "Ice Queen" and "Meltdown" - and I won't use free sites or websites...that's just me.
I wish they'd include them as a special feature on a DVD or something. If you've got cable, they show NCIS in the afternoons on USA. My DVDs have a place of honor on the shelves. 
Rocky Carroll (Director Vance) has a blog on TV Guide, and I think I remember him saying that they were doing another cast roundtable for the Season 6 DVD. *YAY!* My favorite special feature ever. I love seeing the cast as themselves and how well they all get along.
Regarding the 'authenticity', I know that in the beginning at least, there was a retired NCIS agent on set as a consultant. And a couple of the producers are ex-Marines.* But I agree, unlike the CSI franchise, NCIS really focuses on the characters. My favorite episodes are the ones that focus on a particular character, the ones that really dig into a character's past. We've learned a lot about Gibbs this season, especially. Oh, and the Ducky episode, "Broken Bird"? Cried my eyes out.
Now, if they would just make Jimmy Palmer a regular character, I would be perfectly content. My world needs more Brian Dietzen...yes, yes it does.
*Yeah, I know, no such thing.
Leave a comment:
-
If you wanna get technical about the "first" NCIS episode...look up the 2 part episode of JAG called Ice Queen.
>.> No I'm not a fan...~hides my external hard drive filled with all but season 6...over 40 GB~
Leave a comment:
-
..... first i think the accent is ok, ive hear d others like it exspecially when you concider it has a bit of french in it and she indicated she speacks frech far better than english
second mmmmmm abby (when she dress more suicide girl than goth, not that i havea problem with goth i just like cute and cuddly better) and mmmmmmm ziva.... i like tough girls.
Leave a comment:
-
I like that she plays an Israeli it just bugs me that she doesn't sound anything like one.Quoth AdminAssistant View PostApparently Israel thinks pretty well of her, I believe they invited her to visit the country. I've tried to find the interview where I read that, hmm.
Leave a comment:
-
To be fair, NCIS isn't really so much about the bunk forensics as it is about the characters, making it a fun show to watch.
Leave a comment:
-
Every now and then I'll watch these shows, but after all my training in forensics in the past couple years, these shows have been ruined to me. I can't watch a show without pointing stuff out to myself that isn't what you'd actually do on a crime scene.
Leave a comment:
-
There's also slidereel.com for free episode goodness. They may have Chinese subtitles, though.
Leave a comment:
-
I think Cote de Pablo does pretty well, considering she's from Brazil. And I believe she does use a coach whenever she has lines in Arabic or other languages. Pauley Perette also uses a coach whenever Abby signs something....Mark Harmon doesn't need one since he's fluent in ASL - as well as Russian. I'm sure if Brennan or Bellisario thought there was a problem, it would be fixed.
Apparently Israel thinks pretty well of her, I believe they invited her to visit the country. I've tried to find the interview where I read that, hmm.
Leave a comment:
-
If you go to fanpop you can find links to ncis episodes. It's how I caught up on 4 seasons of bones in 2 weeks. Now I'm starting to get into NCIS too.
Except Ziva, I hate her accent. Get an acting coach and learn a real Israeli accent damnit.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi!!
CBS streams episodes of NCIS online - they're usually up within a few hours of when they're shown on TV. There's no reason to believe that they won't do the same thing with NCIS: Los Angeles. I'm still not sure about the spin-off...but I'll give it a chance.
My recommendation would be to start at the beginning, with "Yankee White". The show's writers do a really great job referencing past episodes and past events, so watching in order is definitely a good thing. Although there are some....really bad episodes in Seasons 2 and 3. "Model Behavior", ugh.
Leave a comment:
-
NCIS
I'm not much of a tv watcher, but over the last month I've gotten addicted to NCIS. I tried to find all the seasons online so I could catch up, but could only find 4-6, so I ordered the DVD's, which came in today.
Now I find out that a new series NCIS Los Angeles is starting up just as we're getting rid of our cable
Anyone else addicted to this show?Tags: None

Leave a comment: