Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ONE night I actually sit down to watch...and it's not on!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ONE night I actually sit down to watch...and it's not on!

OK, so I speak Spanish as well as English (actually, Spanish is my first language), and though I don't watch Spanish TV often, I will, occasionally, get sucked into a Spanish-language TV series or telenovela ("soap opera" for the non-Spanish-speaking).

Right now there's an anthology series on one of the Spanish networks, imported from Mexico, called "Mujeres Asesinas" (Killer Women). The stories are fictionalized versions of true crime stories that apparently happened in Mexico. I'm a hardcore true-crime junkie, so this is right up my alley.

I caught part of the first season thanks to a friend who has satellite service that includes Mexico's major TV networks. They're airing the new season in the States now, Thursday nights at 10 pm. I've been meaning to catch it for the last few weeks, but I always forget or end up going to bed right around 10 pm.

So tonight at 10 pm, my mom and I settle in to watch "Mujeres Asesinas" and lo and behold...it's been pre-empted by an award show!! Argh. Just my luck.

Am I the only person who only plans to sit down and catch a TV show, only to have it be pre-empted the night I actually remember to watch? It feels that way.
Working...
X