This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very cool good news

I've been sitting on this news for awhile, but now that I've signed the contract and am about to submit my second draft, I thought I'd go ahead and share (those of you who are my friends on Facebook have probably already seen this).

My best friend and I do some political/cultural writing for a couple of blogs--she's much more active and talented than I am, however. anyway, she was approached by an editor at Harper Collins to see if she wanted to contribute an essay to an upcoming anthology of "young conservative voices." She agreed, and when the publishers asked her if she knew of anyone else who would be interested, gave them my contact info.

Long story short, an essay of mine is appearing in an upcoming anthology, edited by a well-known political pundit!

*happy dance*

I signed the publishing contract a few weeks ago. I'm gonna be in a book!
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Wow!

You'll have to let us know when it comes out.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Can you tell us the title? My little sister would love to read a book like that.

on being a published author!

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
        Can you tell us the title? My little sister would love to read a book like that.

on being a published author!
        No title for the book yet, they're still collecting the essays, so it'll be awhile before it's actually published. But I'll post more when I know more.
        "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Congratulations.
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
          X