This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owls

For years it seems that owls like to follow me about. Perhaps not the best animal to have attached to me, considering most often they are considered an omen of death, but I find them peaceful.

...most of the time.

Tonight I'm sitting here, gaming and roleplaying, doing my thing when out of nowhere comes the quite distinctive cry of a barred owl (AKA Hoot Owl). It was loud, very near my window. My window faces into the forest behind the house.

The cry repeated a few times and then had a match that was further away. After a few minutes of 'conversation' a cry SCREAMED from next to my window, another owl but much closer. As soon as that one came out it seemed as if every barred owl in my county decided to join them all outside my window and have a hoot fest.

The random cries (the first one and the loud one) startled the heck out of me, but I didn't mind the rest. Like I said, they sooth me. (And they like to scare the turkeys in the forest, hehe.)

They've finally quieted down, though I keep thinking I hear one in the distance.
    "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"
Working...
X