Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank You for Allowing Me To Breathe Again!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You for Allowing Me To Breathe Again!

Geetings and thank you CS for fresh air!

I originally stumbled on this site about a year ago and was awestruck. I then got distracted with life until only just a few days ago and now am addicted. Registered today and will share what I am.

I have been assaulted by customers full time for more than half my life now. Starting with a leading Fast Food chain, I took responsibility to a level of "fun" and began running closing shifts at a mid-size store. Eventually frustrated after over 3 years, I made a "career change of 80 feet" (as I explained to many regulars) to the neighboring Convenience Store and was hired immediately as an Assistant Manager. In the 4.5 years I spent with that company it downspiralled drastically, losing half of its store managers/assistants to its major competitor Convenience Store, including me.

Today, I am 9 years in with that major competitor and at one of its largest stores, a huge breadbasket with the most dollar profit in the company. It's a freeway store, yet not a truckstop, but perfectly nestled where a certain road intersects that freeway in a wealthier area. It brings in ALL walks of life. More than many other convenience stores. And that comes with a cost: More Sucky Customers.

You can't say you've seen it all because there will always be something new to see. Something that surprises you from the last time a similar event happened. There's frequently a twist and suddenly it's out of control. This store has given me the opportunity to witness human creatures I only thought were drawn in cartoons. I've seen accidents of various types such as exploding vehicles and messes in a restroom you wouldn't think were possible. Have you ever been concerned that while fueling at a station the hose may burst? It does happen. I've seen people showered in gasoline; grown men screaming in pain from their eyes and drooling. Small children, illegaly allowed to play with the nozzle, showered in gasoline. I've seen trips and falls that are, I admit, hilarious to watch on camera.

You may ask why I do what I do, well it's because of my love for the customers. The ones who make up their own prices or expect you to open a special lane just for them or demand services/items that don't exist and the DAILY dosage of threats that they may not return are the ones that make me joyful day to day.
    Just kidding.

Thanks for having me,
    FNI
Working...
X