X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comp Burp.

So...

My boyfriend comes home from work and sits down at his computer desk. Goes to press the button to turn it on... and....

BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBE EPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP

Yea. F***. Check on the phone... ok series of a few beeps is ram, check that. Nope it's fine. Pull out, clean off, put back in right slots. It's fine really.

One long beep it's processor. Ok check that. Nope not that. It's settled in there nice. Does that mean motherboard? It doesn't look like it has any failings. That's not quite right.

Continue checking. I order a cord for a laptop so we have a backup computer. He gives up after a half hour of checking connections and some very angry mutters.

Then he goes dead silent. I look over and he's handing me one of the cat toys and turning around telling me to "punish him for being stupid." I'm laughing now and asking what as his computer is now happily booting up normally.

Turns out he had a piece of paper stuck in his f5 key holding it down.
    That was probably the reason he was yelling at it just before he left for work for "acting up" as well but just didn't think to look at the keyboard.

Hehehehehehe. I have a new charging cord for my laptop again! WOOT.
Working...
X