This one's my brain burp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one's my brain burp

My store has a rewards card; you collect points for yadda yadda yadda; I'm sure you all know how these things work.

Thing is, you can also collect points for bringing in your own bags. Now, I've been given contradictory advice on WHEN you give the customer the points (somebody just told me to give 'em out; somebody else said "No, the customer has to use the company credit card to get those points." Screw that, say I.)

There is a code you type in to give the points. The other day a guy brought in his own bags and I went to type in the code and my brain spazzed out. What I eventually typed in charged him for $65 WORTH OF JALAPENO PEPPERS. I can't even imagine how many peppers that would be.

I was able to void it off his bill but then had to call over a supervisor because the machine got all snooty because it was a higher "void" than a cashier by themselves can do. So I needed a supervisor over-ride. Fortunately the guy didn't care about the receipt so he was able to just saunter off with his groceries. It did hold up the next two customers in line, though. Thankfully both were very nice about it.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero
Working...
X