Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man I hope this was a brain burp and not plain stupidity.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man I hope this was a brain burp and not plain stupidity.

I know that in the heat of the moment, sometimes your common sense is not the greatest. Also, in all fairness, I do work at a Police Department. Just not the city one. I work for the community college Police Department. We only handle things off campus if it's really near by and we can get there first or if they ask us to come help. In the first case, we don't even do reports if we're first on scene, and in the second case, we usually only get called to help direct traffic.

I got a call from a woman freaking out about a car accident with possible fatalities and oil spilled on the road. Then I find out the where. Then she includes the where. It's at an off campus location that is somewhat close but still off campus enough that we won't get there first. Next she explains the why she called us. She is a nursing student here and didn't know who else to call. She wanted me to contact the city police to let them know what had happened. Because of the "possible fatalities" bit I refrain from saying "next time maybe try 911" and just said "ok" and called. Thankfully when I called city police the second I told them the location they said they already were taking care of it so it didn't hurt anything.
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall
Working...
X