So they ARE connected...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So they ARE connected...

A few days ago, I was swamped with orders, and mistakenly hit "Confirm Pickup" on our location-tracking app for the wrong order in one time slot...this didn't actually close the order out as picked up, just took it off the app dashboard (I still knew what was what as that order was already staged in a cart).

10AM had orders A and B. I was using the location-tracking app on one of the handhelds because I was doing something else on the desktop...some of the device screens are messed up, so while confirming Order B's arrival I also accidentally cleared order A from the app.

When Customer A arrived, she called in and said that she was trying to use the app but had been told "we're having trouble finding your order, please call the store" She's a regular (I actually recognized her car and was already getting ready to go out), I apologized for the glitch. So confirming pickup on our end also kicks it out from the customer side as well if they are using the app as intended...that's actually good to know.

Maybe bush-league stuff, but I was never told half the stuff I need to know about this system (maybe because TPTB don't even know how half of it works?).
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor
Working...
X