Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Embarrassed Myself In Front of the Noob!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embarrassed Myself In Front of the Noob!

So, today was truck day at the c-store. Joy. Unloading a 200+ piece truck and putting it away is just SO much fun. My story, however, occurred while waiting for said truck to arrive. My Manager, Assistant Manager, Coworker L, and new Coworker, M (the only male in this story, I might add) were standing behind the counter, waiting and talking. Manager went into her office, and called out "M, when are you next scheduled to work?" to which M replied, "Here?" Now, at first, I thought HE was having the brain fart, and I got a funny look on my face as I thought about it, and the following conversation occured:

Me; **to my AM** What? She asked him, and he said 'here?'...I don't get it?
    AM: That's because he also works at **restaurant in bigger city south of the town I work in**
    Me: Ohhhh **immediately feels foolish**
    AM: **proceeds to relay the story to M, manager, and L** I just love her (me)
    Me: **blushing at this point** Sorry about that M
    M: Oh, no problem

Thank whatever higher powers exist that he shrugged it off, but still, how embarrassing is it to do something like that in front of the cute (but taken) new guy? Ugh! My CW's must think I'm a total flake!!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare
Working...
X