This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oooh, that was bad...

Brothas and Sistas, I come to you today to admit to a big mistake I made.

"You're a trusting soul, and I'm always there for you..."

One day, just before the last few days of the Chesterfield store, I had no choice but to work with an Assistant Manager who came to us from another store in Missouri (I forget where), cause we were left with only the SM, and the AM, at this point, TK had been 'released' as they didn't want to pay him his severance (another story I should tell about the company...).

This new Manager for the Day was a great guy, very friendly, so he and I spent most of the day swapping old horror stories. And we got engrossed in them, let me tell you.
    At some point, I noticed a kid wander in with his mom (I assume they were related...) Kid picked up a movie (forget what), and I keep a very casual, out of the corner of the eye watch on him, while I go back to talking with Manager for the Day. Next thing I know, I see kid and mother walking out of the store.

"But a nice girl wouldn't tell you what you should do."

Next thing I know, I see Mom and Kid walking out of the store. Kid never went back to where he picked up the movie, so, I wait until they are out of the store, then tell them they need to either pay for the DVD or give it back.
    Mother goes ballistic. "What DVD?"
    Manager gets in on this too, as he was also watching them, apparently... "The one your son just walked out with?"
    Mom: "The one my son put down? Which you would have noticed if you hadn't been so busy talking to each other?" And storms off.

So, I look at Manager and say "You saw it too, right? They did pick up a DVD, but it's not where they got it..."
    Manager nods, so I go out on the floor and start sniffing it out. Kid left it on the shelf with the new releases, which is nowhere near where they got it.

And I relayed this story to the AM when he got back from his break. He reminds me "You're not supposed to make stops. You're supposed to let a manager do that."

Oh, f*ck... right... I could've gotten the store sued.
    "I call murder on that!"
Working...
X