This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selective illiteracy

As I mentioned in another post, I am no longer working swing at the public schools, but graveyard at the airport. My specific duties are to clean the ladies' restrooms on my concourse. Okay, no prob, Ive been scrubbing toilets for a few years now (ugh) . Now for the problem -

Almost every night after I start cleaning a restroom and have roped it off and put up Bright Yellow Signs Saying "Restroom Closed" I will inevitably get some imbecile coming to the door to vulture around the entrance and whine and wheedle "Can I come in real quick?" "Can I just slip in here?" "Can I sneak in and use the bathroom?" Worse are the ones with the chutzpah to say "We" and try to bring a friend or friends.

Uh, NO YOU CAN'T.

For the sake of all that's good and chocolate-covered, can't you people READ?! I have no fewer than two signs saying Restroom Closed and a rope blocking off the entryway - obviously the bathroom is unavailable. Yes, that means for you as well, you may be someone special, but not to me. Besides, if I let you in, inevitably somebody else sees and then we get the camel's-head-in-the-tent problem. In other words, I can't clean when people are getting in the way of my work! You're gonna be late for your plane? Tough shit. You may be surprised to learn that there are restrooms actually on the planes now. In fact, you could have made it to another restroom on this same concourse in the time you're taking to whine and bitch at me. You "just don't wanna use the one on the plane?" I think you're now making the mistake of thinking I might care about your tender sensibilities after having my hands in toilets all night.

I will make exceptions in the case of co-workers (such as the poor souls working the security gate who may not get another chance for five hours or more) or someone in a wheelchair, but the rest of you can just hike your asses down to the next bathroom where I'm not currently working. Good luck trying to find my supervisor if you wanna complain - maybe you should just go catch your precious flight and leave me alone.

Whew! I've been wanting to say that for weeks now. Anyone else have any similar irritants you have to put up with - or to make it simpler, is there anyone out there who doesn't?
    Civilized men tend to be ruder than savages because they know they can be impolite without getting their skulls split, as a rule.
    - Robert E. Howard
Working...
X