My poor coworker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My poor coworker.

She's fairly new to collections and she ends up with an account with 36 open contracts on it to be decided. Client isn't paying and all but 4 contracts are past end date. I suspect they don't need the equipment anymore and didn't tell us to close them. In fact, they told her "those were already closed" but no, you have to request termination because you can stay month-to-month and they have, on 32 contracts. So coworker has to go through every single one and check the last usage of the equipment. That means pulling invoices to find the serials and looking them all up in the system to find the status, and making a spreadsheet. It's not hard but tedious. The reason for this is that if the equipment hasn't been used in a while and they actually paid through the contract term, she can end the contract and write off the balance. But if they have used it, the contract needs to be ended and sent to outside collections. So once she determines that, she has to make at least 32 termination quotes and do all that work. It's a lot for one account when we're supposed to work at least 26 a day. I volunteered to do some terminations because I've done so many that I have it down to a routine. I just feel bad that someone who's just come from Customer Service into our world has to deal with this mess. I'm sure this client is a large company but they just didn't take care of their business. *sigh* Also glad it's not mine!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably
Working...
X