Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't know what to change my schedule to.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know what to change my schedule to.

I'm trying to make this simple. Brother is out of work due to injury and stressed about upcoming surgery. I work at home. Yesterday I was off and I don't know if he knew. If he didn't and thought I was working, he thought it was fine to blast his bass and some music at 3:30 pm, 2 hours before I normally get off. I wouldn't put it past him to be vindictive, given he seems angry at me and I don't know why. It's possible he did know when I told him that I was going out and thought "Oh, OK, I can play right now." I really hope that's it and he doesn't do it to me when I go back to work tomorrow. I cannot talk to clients with that racket going on.

I figure if I change my work hours I can get off at 3:30 or 4:00 when he tends to finally be up making noise. He's stressed/depressed so he goes to bed at 1:30 am and probably gets to sleep after 4:00. Sometimes I'm up in pain so I hear him and I'm pretty well aware of that. Anyway, he and Mom will stay up until 1:30 watching movies and they try to be quiet but I am a very light sleeper. So I'm up. Or I'm in pain and I'm up. Anyway, if I'm asleep between 1:30 and 2:00, I really need to get up at 9:00 but I start work then. I only need 7 hours sleep but I desperately need it. So earlier hours to avoid the noise results in my getting like 5 hours sleep. Can I talk to him about this? When he's angry at me and only speaks to me when he absolutely has to? No. I have to do the workaround. Yes, I know it's unfair. Yes, I know some of you will say "move out". I can't; please just don't. I just need a solution. I think the only thing I really can do is change to earlier and drug myself at night? Anyone take sleeping pills or is a light sleeper? Can you wear noise canceling headphones to bed?

Also, I'm leaning toward 7:00-3:30 because then I have light at the end of the day and the world is so peaceful at 7:00 am. I had to do it a couple of days last year and it was nice even if I was tired. And I hope this Fall we don't set our clocks back anymore so sunset is at 5:15 in winter. This 4:15 sunset is killin' me.

Also, he could die on the table; it's a risky surgery. If anyone is the praying type, could you? I feel bad for him the stress of that.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably
Working...
X