In which I decline to inspect either Fat Tony or Agents J & K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In which I decline to inspect either Fat Tony or Agents J & K

For my sins I sometimes go and inspect hotels/pubs/bars etc. to make sure they are all cheerful welcoming places with superb food,friendly staff and a pleasant clientele. Sometimes the atmosphere is less like Cheers,more like Deliverance. They know who you are just because you're the only unfamiliar face that has been seen in the last year. The last place I had to inspect-well, you could hear it was open by the 'music' halfway down the street. On entering, there were lots of customers, but no staff. As I was waiting it dawned on me all the men were in black suits and ties.Had it not been for the thumping 'r'n'b pounding out I'd've assumed it was a funeral do. After a moment or two, someone came over and asked who I was with and what I was doing there-I was there to meet some friends for a drink. Which friends,how do you know them, are they meeting you here and why? Fortunately the noise meant that I could be conveniently deaf to any uncomfortable questions and decided to make a quick exit and just get a picture from outside to submit.(so they know I've been to the right place and what it looks like).And as I do so, a large man in a black suit appeared at the doorway and looked rather agitated that I had my phone out. So I carried on around the corner to take it-and a large man was in that doorway....and as I walked down the road to the bus stop another man appeared at that side.
    I'm still trying to figure out what the hell was going on-if they didn't want disturbing,just say 'Sorry-private event' and I'd've happily left. That was just...weird
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.
Working...
X