X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staff member, "Nancy's" strange phone call, & the exit gate

Staff member:
    Last Thursday Visitor parking was reserved at 12 p.m. for an event that was held during the 2nd shift.

Around 1:15 p.m. that day the staff member drove up to the visitor parking booth window. She told me she could not find any parking spots in the faculty/staff garage & that she needed to park in visitor parking. I gave her my spiel re: the garage is reserved & so you will have to park at the faculty/staff lots. She tells me how hard it is to find a parking spot in the faculty/staff garage, how busy she is, & so on. I repeat my self. She repeats herself. I repeat myself. She repeats herself. Ok I get the message. You want to park in Visitor parking. So I tell her "you can call the parking office to see what they can do for you." She decides to park in the faculty/staff garage. A couple of minutes later the phone inside the booth rings. It is "Nancy" calling from the Parking office. She tells me to let the staff member who was just at the booth window into Visitor parking.

The same thing happened today when there were only enough parking spots in the garage for the reserved spots on the Outlook calendar. She drove up to the booth window & told me she had to park. I gave her my spiel. She immediately calls the Parking office. She is told to find parking at the faculty/staff lots.

"Nancy's" strange phone call:
    Several minutes later "Nancy" calls me on her cell phone & says "don't you have to reserve 20 spots for this afternoon?" I look at the Outlook calendar, & there is no entry for 20 spots for this afternoon. So I tell her that. She says "oh...ok.", & she hangs up her phone. I have no idea why she called.

exit gate:Several minutes later after "Nancy" called I heard a loud noise. The exit gate to the faculty/staff garage was at an angle. It looked like someone might have hit it. I have no idea how that happened.
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 10-12-2010, 11:03 PM.
Working...
X