This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When it rains...

It pours! I went, in a month, from having no job at all to having TWO! And for a little bit there it sort of looked like maybe a third one was in the works, but it didn't come through.

First job- part time cook at the re-opening in a new location of a local restaurant. Decent food, and the boss is a really nice guy. Co-workers are mostly members of the boss's family, but they're good people. This gig is VERY much a part time spot, and I don't see the hours increasing much for at least another few months (and it'll be 6 months or so before everyone really knows whether the place will sink or swim). Even so, I'm picking up a highly portable skill, so it's all good.

Second job- is really a repeat of one I had last year. A local explodey-things-that-go-boom! place called me and asked me if I'd be interested in coming back to them at least thru the big explodey-go-boom holiday and I accepted. It's sort of sounding like maybe, with the position they're wanting to put me in, that it might actually work out to be permanent, not just a temp gig. The boss is a bit of a spaz, but he's a nice guy. Very high energy type, but also just a touch of too much going on so he tends to forget things. The other employees (the permanent ones, haven't met all the holiday temps yet) are decent folk, though a couple of them are... maybe not quite all there (or maybe just a touch on the lazy side, not quite sure).

And to top everything off, I have a sweet, sweet kitty cat snuggled happily in my arms smiling and snoozing. So I must snorgle sweet kitty belly.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga
Working...
X