This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another "large bill" story

Was at A&W a few days ago, had ordered and was waiting for my burger to be prepared. Another customer came in, and after ordering and being told his total, he tendered a $100 bill (note: signs on the entrance doors that they don't accept $100 bills).

Naturally, the cashier wouldn't take it. He answered "I guess that means I get a free meal" (nope, cashier wouldn't do that), then tried to assure the cashier that it was real. At this point I put in my 2 cents worth, that many businesses keep the supply of cash on hand low for security reasons (this was around 10 at night), with one result being that they wouldn't have enough to make change for a $100 bill. The cashier immediately confirmed that this was the situation here (I don't know if it was or not, she probably jumped on it as a logical explanation that didn't imply the customer was trying to pass a fake). The customer then left to get change (although I don't know where he'd be able to get change for a $100 late at night). I regret not telling the cashier about this site.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.
Working...
X