This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross-walk self-sighting from a while back

I was going to post this in the "crosswalks & handicapped spaces" thread before realizing it was really long.

This is actually a self-sighting which I still tell people and have a good laugh:

A Couple years ago I had and 84 300zx, which used to be a 4 seater. The two rear seats (nicknamed dog-seats, because that's all you could fit in them they were so small) to fit a pair of racing seats with 4-point harnesses.

I had my friend with me and we are driving around when my brother asks for a ride. My friend, wanting to be a pain in the ass, tells his to climb in the back and we would drive him. I was annoyed so I said yes. They start bickering as usual and as I turn to yell at them I realize there is an elderly couple about to enter the crosswalk not 50 feet ahead. Aside: this is a street that is 4 lanes wide with parking on both sides and they are on the opposite side of the street. Instead of coming to a complete stop, I slow down to less than 20 because slamming on the brakes would make an unnecessary ruckus that I don't need. Also, this is not 20 yards from a police station.

I figure that everything is fine when in my rearview mirror I see a police cruiser that was in line pull a U-turn. He didn't have his lights on so I figured that he was turning into the station. I end up right next to the highway when I notice him in my mirror again and he flips his lights on. I pull into a CVS parking lot and grab my papers. I roll down the window greet him politely and immediately apologize for the crosswalk. Then he notices my brother sitting in the back and he decided to be a smart-ass:

Cop: "How many seats do you have?"
    Me: "2 officer"
    Cop: "Can you tell me how many people are in your car?"
    Me: 3
    Cop: "So your eyesight is not entirely bad. You do know I can have your car towed for this?"

That is when I explain that my brother is late for work and my friend volunteers to hang out at CVS so I can get there.

Long story a little shorter, The cop let me off with a warning and didn't bother bringing up the fact that I had no inspection sticker (because the car had literally no emissions system due to it being removed for weight) and a side-pipe exhaust which needs to be inspected or is considered illegal.

As I am about to pull away, my friend is standing next to the cop when I hear him say to him:

Cop: "You know your friend is a f*cking idiot"
    Friend: "He's like that sometimes"
    Last edited by Jackofalltrades; 08-18-2009, 02:45 PM. Reason: title
Working...
X