This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random road fuckwits

Please note that I said "Road" not "car" because some of these incidents do not involve drivers.

Also, just as a friendly reminder, Aussies drive on the left-hand side of the road.

Anywho, onto the stories!

There is MORE than one way to get to where you're going...

So I'm travelling down a three-lane main road, which splits off: one lane splits off to a n arterial road, the other two lanes continue along on the main road. Enter Cycling Dimwit.
    Cycling Dimwit decided that apparently the rules of keeping LEFT regardless of where you are, did not apply to him. He was almost between two lanes, but in that field where one is normally considered to be "in a lane". The lanes in question: the left and centre ones (this is where the split occurs, the left-hand lane also splits up a little further to accommodate a bus). I have NO idea what he was doing, but CD was introduced to my horn fairly quickly given that I had to swerve to avoid hitting him.

The kicker? The road he was travelling down does not accommodate cyclists very well. There is a veloway that he could've used nearby and one of the entrances was RIGHT NEAR THE SPLIT. All he would've needed to have done is stay in the left, cross over at the pedestrian crossing (yes, this is legal) and then enter the veloway that way.

Methinks they need better parking....(aka are they unable to WALK?)

On the way down to a get-together for Mother's Day, my boyfriend and I took a trip down a particular stretch of road. This particular stretch is home to a cemetery/chapel/crematorium on one side and sort of up near where the road curves, there's also a small florist and a tombstone maker.

We were expecting the turn-off to be a little packed because a lot of families were visiting the cemetery that day (either to put flowers on graves or because of a funeral). What none of us expected was a good stretch of the road was blocked with cars that were PARKED so people could go to the florist.

Two fails with this one:

1) There is a church some 200m up the road from the florist and there were no cars in said church's carpark. People evidently could NOT walk some 200m to the florist for their flowers.
    2) This particular road is only 2 lanes. The lanes are fairly wide-ish, but not wide enough to be able to comfortably travel down the left lane if there are multiple cars parked.

Are you unable to follow a curve?

Now this is a combination of a stupid driver and a recurrent suck.

The stupid driver incident occurred on a 1-lane road (one lane either way :P) where after a stretch of straight, you had an S-bend before a roundabout.

Dumbass driver decided to completely IGNORE the S-bend, drove on the wrong side of the road and managed to correct him/herself in time to get on the roundabout correctly. My boyfriend almost overtook him in the process

The recurrent suck comes from an access road near my house for a shopping mall. It also has the same S-bend. People tend to cut the corner on the first curve, but have no problems with the second.

It's raining!

So we've had rain the last couple of days, yay!

Unfortunately, that also means that you need to INCREASE THE GAP BETWEEN CARS.

I had so many dumbasses tailgating me today because I was either doing the speed limit or going UNDER the speed limit because it was so damn wet I could barely see a thing in front of me. (and this was with headlights).

Then those same people are the ones who likely bitch about how driving under the speed limit is "dangerous and kills people". By what, causing drivers to become aggressive? I'm pretty sure that's the responsibility of the DUMBASS DRIVER, not the person who drives under the speed limit....
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...
Working...
X