Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two for the price of one! (Plus a bonus!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two for the price of one! (Plus a bonus!)

Had a couple real geniuses out on the road today.

First: Driving back from an errand on a narrow street/20mph or so limit. I came up to a T-junction; I was on the "feeder" street, so I had the only stop sign. There was a pedestrian walking on the left side of the street maybe 2 cars ahead of me. The guy, without really looking, decided that it would be a good idea to shift from the left side of the street to the right side about ten feet before the stop sign, without looking; fortunately, I and the other drivers were looking. This braintrust, in his finite wisdom, then decided to move from the corner (on the right side) and cross the street we were all about to turn onto...while moving to the left. He made it in one piece, fortunately, through no fault of his own.

Second: Less than ten seconds later. I had pulled out onto the main street (still small, kinda narrow, 25mph) and to a 4-way stop a couple of car lengths further. Someone coming from the right decided that HIS stop sign was no more than a gentle suggestion, acted accordingly, and revved onto my street (going past me on the left) just so he wouldn't have to wait a few seconds for the cars that had all reached the other three stop signs at more or less the same time.

Bonus: Hours later, on the main drag (35mph, so people do 42, divided highway), someone ahead of me decided to pull out of one business' driveway, go against traffic in the lane I was in, and pull into another driveway. He was fortunate that traffic was really light, and that I was far, far away from him. Still stupid.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me
Working...
X