This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twice in one day!

OK, for starters, this morning was drizzly and foggy and gray.

I get out on the highway from the street off the back exit of my apartment complex. This highway is a major commuter route to New York and there is a bus stop right there, as well; luckily I am turning left and going south, while most of the traffic is going north. Unfortunately, the light tends to get backed up, and people are stupid and go through even when it is obvious they will get stuck in the intersection. Then the light changes and those of us trying to turn get stuck.

This morning there was a guy sitting in the intersection when the light changed, and I could have gone through in front of him, or behind him, but either option would have required me to turn a bit to maneuver around him. The easier route would have been in front, if he stayed where he was. I hesitated, just a couple seconds, because the car in front him had moved up, and I wasn't sure if he was going to move or not, and he didn't look like he was paying attention. He suddenly realized he needed to move, just as I had decided to go behind him, and just as I started to move, the idiot behind me in a black sporty car, pulled out and went past me on my left and went through the intersection. Grr.

Then I got to the road that my building is on, which is a minor highway that gets a lot of truck traffic (lots of warehouses in the area, and the Turnpike is right there as well). I was waiting to turn left, and there was traffic coming from the left, and then it cleared but there was traffic coming from the right. There was a small break in the line but not big enough that I was particularly comfortable pulling out, especially since the roads were wet and the next vehicle was a truck (like a smallish delivery truck, but it would definitely have won a battle against my car). The car behind me decided that he didn't want to wait any longer, and without any sort of honk or signal, pulled out around me (on my right) and turned left in front of this truck. Gah!

Damn Jersey drivers!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"
Working...
X