This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky vendor

I have been assigned to two other parking garages plus a parking lot. The sucky vendor parks in the parking lot.

One of my duties is to do a complaince check in the parking lot to see which customers did or did not pay for their parking. I have to print a report from the pay machine before I can do the compliance check.

So this past Thursday I printed the report and did my compliance check. I noticed that the car in parking spot 68 did not have a ticket on the dashboard stating that the customer paid for their parking. So I looked at the printed report. There was no indication of that parking spot on the report as well. Anyone not paying for their parking gets a parking violation for $45.00. So that customer received a parking violation for non-payment for $45.00.

This morning I spoke to the person who trained me at that location. He had just been promoted to a managerial position before he trained me. He told me that a vendor parks in that parking spot, and she delivers food and other supplies to a small convenience store located in the bldg. next to the parking lot. He also told me that he would speak to her about getting monthly parking.

One of my duties is to do a space count in the morning, and while I was doing that, I noticed the same vehicle parked in the same parking spot as yesterday. Again, the vendor did not pay for their parking. The vendor, a female, saw me and told me that she would be leaving soon. That was when I told her that she has to pay for her parking. She told me that she does deliveries and that she was not there for too long. I told her that whenever she enters a parking lot, she has to immediately pay the pay machine. She then asked me where she can go to ask about monthly parking. I mentioned to her that she can go to the property management office. I continued doing my space count, and she went back into the bldg.

A while later she saw me, and she told me that she 1) was given a phone number to call about getting monthly parking and 2) called that office and was told that she should be getting monthly parking soon. She then wanted to know if I would give her another parking fine. I told her one of my job duties is to give customers parking fines for not paying for their parking. She looked at me and said "do you give everyone who does that a fine?" I said "yes." She then said "I do not want a fine, but I should not have to pay for my parking since I only make deliveries." At that point I used my cell phone to call a manager. There was a problem... my work cell phone was not working. She ended up going back into the bldg. Then the manager over the parking lot and the 2 parking garages I work at, who also works for my employer, arrived. I let him know what was happening regarding the sucky vendor. He let me know that she has to pay for her parking, and if she does not, to fine her again.

The reason why the manager arrived was because he had to let me know that he and the property management company that owns the parking garages I work at were going to inspect the parking lot and the parking garages today at 11 a.m. I got off work today at 10 a.m. since I worked 4 hours last Saturday.

The sucky vendor's vehicle was still parked in the same parking spot when I left the parking lot to go back to the main office to clock out. She never returned to pay for her parking while I was working today.
Working...
X