Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you even know how many germs are on all the stuff you touched today??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleepwalker
    replied
    Yeah, that's disgusting. Might as well lick the counter/dollar bills. It's far worse for you than the customer, you're ingesting everything that comes throguh your line, they're just getting one person's spit.

Leave a comment:

• thatcrazyredhead
    replied
    Quoth alogram View Post
    Not to excuse the customer's behavior if they handled it inappropriately, but it REALLY turns my stomach when people lick their fingers when opening bags or counting money.
    Ditto. Human bodily fluids squick me out something fierce! But I have a tendency to be passive aggressive, so I probably would have just muttered "that's disgusting" or something under my breath and made a mental note not to go through your line in the future.

Leave a comment:

• alogram
    replied
    Not to excuse the customer's behavior if they handled it inappropriately, but it REALLY turns my stomach when people lick their fingers when opening bags or counting money.

A coworker even suggested I do that one day, no thanks, I will fight with the damn bag.

Leave a comment:

• Irving Patrick Freleigh
    replied
    Quoth blas View Post
    Oh God, I had a male coworker on weekend shift who argued with me that you didn't need to wash your hands after peeing because urine is sterile.
    Even if he's right, so what? I don't want to touch his hand after it's been touching his happy lil' man unless he washed it first. (His hand I mean. Not his happy lil' man. That would be awkward to walk into.)

Unless he's one of those guys who sits down to pee.

Leave a comment:

• blas
    replied
    Oh God, I had a male coworker on weekend shift who argued with me that you didn't need to wash your hands after peeing because urine is sterile.

Leave a comment:

• Food Lady
    replied
    I have a coworker who doesn't wash hands after using the restroom. She's been talked to and stil does it.

Leave a comment:

• blas
    replied
    I have a coworker who is one of those people with hand sanitizer bottles hanging on the side of her purse, wipes down every table before she sits down on break, yet walks around with pens in her mouth.

Leave a comment:

• Food Lady
    replied
    Can't do it. Oh well. Licked my finger like 1,000 times today. No one complained.

Leave a comment:

• Monterey Jack
    replied
    That's how I open bags as well.

Leave a comment:

• bainsidhe
    replied
    Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
    *Claps* Yes, exactly!

Leave a comment:

• BlaqueKatt
    replied
    Quoth bainsidhe View Post
    It's hard to explain without showing, but it made life so much easier.
    like this?

Leave a comment:

• bainsidhe
    replied
    The bags we used could be opened by grabbing on either side of where the fold was and pulling it apart. The piece of folded corner inside would then pop into view and I could grab it and easily open the bag. It's hard to explain without showing, but it made life so much easier. Not sure how it would be done with finger/hand pain or weakened gripping strength. Carpal tunnel sucks.

Leave a comment:

• wolfie
    replied
    Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
    I've worked with plastic bags myself, and they truly are a pain in the backside!
    Plastic bags are for carrying stuff. Toilet paper is for wiping after taking a dump. No wonder plastic bags are a pain in the backside - you're using them for an inappropriate purpose.

Leave a comment:

• bbbr
    replied
    There was a SC in my old grocery store who would demand the entire register be cleaned (even if it was still a little damp from the cleaning moments ago) before he would unload his already bagged items onto the belt to be scanned. One at a time without the belt moving because you know, it gets dirty as it travels around...

Once rung out, he would replace the bags the cashiers handled with brand new ones. The cashiers all learned pretty fast to sneeze into their shoulder, sniffle, fake a cough or brush back their hair to get him to abandon their line since he was such a pain to deal with.

Leave a comment:

• CrappyToHelp
    replied
    Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    And don't get me started on the counters and conveyor belts. Yeah they get sprayed down, but only every so often.
    I see our cleaning squad do it every morning.

OT: I don't do this. When I'm on tills, I use my palms to make the middle fold - then I can just pinch it apart. It sounds long, bit I can do it in a split second.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X