X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off to a good start

Sarcasm intended, of course.

So far, most the customers have been pretty good and I don't have a problem with any of my coworkers, so that's a bonus.

But what really makes my job fun are the following people.

Let me get that

Not really sucky (actually seemed like a nice guy) but I did almost get in trouble.

C--customer

The sweet tea container was running low so I ran to the back and got some more to fill it up with. Of course the bucket was pretty heavy and I guess it showed. Two guys were waiting for me to get back and fill it up, and of course they were standing right in front of the container I needed to fill up.

C: That looks heavy, you want me to get it for you?
    Me: No thanks, I've got it.
    C: No really, let me get it. You'll have to lift it over your head and it looks heavy.
    Me: No really, it's ok.
    C: *takes bucket* It's okay, I got it. *pours tea*
    Me:*sighs, knowing I'll get lectured for that* Erh, thanks.

*Later, refilling the tea again.*
    Boss--*explaining the best way to do it* ...And you can't just let the customers do it.
    Me--I tried saying no, he insisted *waits for further lecturing*

Surprisingly, I guess because she saw the whole exchange or just because I'm new, she left it at that and moved on.

Happy Thursday

Another not really sucky one, just another time I thought I'd get lectured.

C:*walks in* Happy Thursday!
    Me: Happy Thursday!
    C: I can tell you're a people person!
    Me: *makes affirmative noise. I'm actually very shy and running out of ideas on how to behave with someone this happy*
    C:*orders* How would you like to see some pictures?
    Me: *no idea what he's about to show me or whether my boss would get onto me for this* Sure?
    C:*pulls up pics of a creek on his phone* This is where I've been hiking today with my buddy, isn't it pretty?
    Me: Yes it is, it's a very pretty day isn't it?
    C:*for some still unknown to me reason, drops happy face for a minute and gives me a blank look before smiling and agreeing*
    Me:*Worries*

He showed me pics on his phone for a good minute while he waited on his food. I spent the whole day waiting for a lecture on wasting my time but I guess keeping the customer happy really is top priority. Not that he needed any help being happy that day. So not really sucky, but memorable.

We're sure

Had a guy call on the phone, I didn't actually speak with him and I'm glad. He was on the phone for 10 minutes the first time he called, and then he called back again to place a second order. By the time he was done, he had two tickets the length of my forearm almost. At one point, he asked my cw, who has worked there a year, if we served steaks. She told him no and he asked if she was sure. She replied that yes, she was sure.

Creepy guy

Another one for my cw, this guy hasn't actually come in while I'm working. Some guy who's probably 30-40 comes in and always flirts with and compliments my cw (who's 17), leaves her a 20 dollar tip, all kinds of stuff. Last time he came in he left her his number. Dude, get a clue. She puts up with you because she's on the clock and you leave 20 dollar tips. She isn't into you.

And finally, a few things I wish I could say to the customers.

Stop using the trays as plates. We give you plates. We have little throw-away trays we can give you to pour your sauce in if it's that important it doesn't touch your food until the precise moment you're going to eat it. The last thing I need is to pick up a tray and have ketchup or whatever smeared all over the bottom of it and the top of the tray below it because you couldn't be bothered to scoot your fries over an inch. My sticky hands would thank you for your cooperation.

To the people who spilled the glass of water and didn't bother to tell us. I get it, accidents happen. Maybe you had a kid with you or maybe you're clumsy. I don't care. But you know what would be nice? A little warning, so I don't go out and see a giant puddle of water on the table and nearby floor that makes us look like we don't clean and is a potential issue if someone slips in it. Two seconds it would have taken you to come get me or my cw to clean it up.

To the guy in the men's room who couldn't aim. Just stop going out in public.
    Last edited by Safire; 04-12-2014, 09:53 AM.
Working...
X