X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DGoddessChardonnay
    replied
    Quoth Crossbow View Post
    If it was me, I'd say he's looking at distinct possibility of a severe decrease in his standard of living.
    I'd dare say he may be seeing an "update" to his wardrobe in the future as well.

They say orange is the new black.

Leave a comment:

• Crossbow
    replied
    Quoth Shyla View Post
    Is this the sort of thing he could go to jail for? Wow. He must be involved with the wrong kind of people to risk going to jail over a $10000 car loan.
    Well, if he filed a stolen vehicle report with the police, then Filing a False Report is a definite possibility. Felony Insurance Fraud (esp. if the bank/insurance co. are out of state) is likely. And if the car was torched, there's the chance of an Arson charge as well. How mcuh, if any, he's personally up for is up to the authorities.

If it was me, I'd say he's looking at distinct possibility of a severe decrease in his standard of living.

Leave a comment:

• RealUnimportant
    replied
    Good grief - so many red flags, it looks like homecoming!

Leave a comment:

• Shyla
    replied
    Is this the sort of thing he could go to jail for? Wow. He must be involved with the wrong kind of people to risk going to jail over a $10000 car loan.

Leave a comment:

• Crossbow
    replied
    Hey Jay- is there still an empty seat next to you for this show?
    I brought some popcorn.

Leave a comment:

• wolfie
    replied
    Had to double-check, but Ghel is in a different country than you are. Otherwise I could have sworn that the guy making the insurance claim was Mr. Goodhair.

Leave a comment:

• eltf177
    replied
    I can't remember the last time I saw so many red flags!

Agreed, this is going to be epic once all the facts come to light!

Please keep us updated entertained!

Leave a comment:

• Irving Patrick Freleigh
    replied
    Quoth dakhur View Post
    What's the car being burnt got to do with it? Around here, it's unusual if a stolen car ISN'T set on fire!
    The car probably ISN'T stolen. It's been torched for the insurance money, methinks.

Leave a comment:

• dakhur
    replied
    What's the car being burnt got to do with it? Around here, it's unusual if a stolen car ISN'T set on fire!

Leave a comment:

• thatcrazyredhead
    replied
    This is even better than the one I took last week on the guy's personal insurance for the theft of a trailer not on the policy that he admitted he used for work.

Leave a comment:

• Tama
    replied
    If he owes debt to a legbreakin' type, something tells me that he's in way, way over his head...

Maybe he's got a drug habit? I could easily see that being the case.

Leave a comment:

• ADeMartino
    replied
    I'm betting the car was turned over to someone to cover a debt, and has probably been chopped by now.

Leave a comment:

• Tama
    replied
    Even if it means only owning ONE house and two cars. That nice third car ain't worth your job...

Leave a comment:

• wolfie
    replied
    Not in the industry, but someone high enough in the banking food chain to get a company car is going to have an annual salary FAR in excess of the claimed value of the car (probably by an order of magnitude or so). This guy looks like he's going to get a criminal record for fraud, lose his job, and wind up car-less, all for (what should be to him) a trivial amount. Forget about "Dumb and Dumber" - meet Dumbest.

Of course, anyone in such a position is likely to have his job at risk if he were to seek protection from creditors - something about "demonstrably showing poor financial judgement", where good financial judgement on-the-job is a requirement for his position. The lesson: Don't be an idiot in your personal finances when you're high up in the food chain of a bank, since said idiocy can have a SERIOUS negative impact on your cash flow.

Leave a comment:

• Tama
    replied
    Not sure if ordinary joke or Discworld reference.

Or both.

*squint* (wish I had that futurama pic)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X