X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreamstalker
    replied
    Our most recent sale had only certain varieties of some brands...the sale before that, the entire line was $2 so of course that's what people expected. I get the idea of vendor deals and allotments and such, but if you're going to have Brand X on sale why not the entire line (or at least make it CLEAR that the only ones on sale are the ones pictured on the sign)? An example was pasta. Of a certain brand, spaghettoni was on sale but spaghetti and spaghettini were not (I'm not completely sure what the difference is).

Leave a comment:

• Trixie
    replied
    We actually have that with vitamins. We'll have weeks where the whole vitamin aisle is on sale (not much of an exaggeration) except for one bottle. That's the only thing people will want to buy that week.

"Yes, I know there are 24 bottle of Fish Oil on the shelf but only 23 of them are on sale. This is not the one."

Leave a comment:

• Catwoman2965
    replied
    Quoth notalwaysright View Post
    Yeah, try explaining to people that some flannel was different than others, and not all on the super-duper low price sale. Even if we moved them several aisles apart they'd walk up with the Better flannel and demand the price for the Mediocre flannel because "flannel is on sale." Or quilting cotton. Oh god, those sales where the worst. So many collections of cotton. So much confusion that fabric even has different brands. *having fabric store flash back* Must go now.
    Or in my case, in retail, when only SOME colors of the same shirt etc. went on sale. Usually not the basics, like black, navy, white, which sold all year round, so almost never went on sale. Usually was the seasonal colors, yet that didn't stop SCs from screeching about how they ALL should be on sale. Or the difference in price between a solid and a print.

Leave a comment:

• Rosco the Iroc
    replied
    Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Those crusty old guys make retail fun
    Sounds like one of those people when I ask what kind of car they have they say "RED"
    Quoth Argabarga View Post
    *twitch* *twitch*........... *whimper*
    Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
    Looks like Rosco has met some of Argabarga's customers.
    Even worse I made him twitch and wimper.
    Now that's scary.

Leave a comment:

• notalwaysright
    replied
    Yeah, try explaining to people that some flannel was different than others, and not all on the super-duper low price sale. Even if we moved them several aisles apart they'd walk up with the Better flannel and demand the price for the Mediocre flannel because "flannel is on sale." Or quilting cotton. Oh god, those sales where the worst. So many collections of cotton. So much confusion that fabric even has different brands. *having fabric store flash back* Must go now.

Leave a comment:

• Trixie
    replied
    Ya know I think at this point we've ALL had the same customers!

Leave a comment:

• Ironclad Alibi
    replied
    Sounds like one of those people when I ask what kind of car they have they say "RED"
    Quoth Argabarga View Post
    Looks like Rosco has met some of Argabarga's customers.

Leave a comment:

• Argabarga
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rosco the Iroc
    replied
    Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; 02-11-2018, 05:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• evilhomer
    replied
    What a moron. If you can't tell the difference between a brand and the flavour type, go home before you trip and hit your head (again).

Leave a comment:

• Trixie
    replied
    My coworkers who are locals seem to have connections to most of the customers so it is possible he knows her somehow. If she was there she may have given it to him for the price he wanted but luckily the manager on duty doesn't have time for bullshit like that.

Leave a comment:

• TheWolfEmperor
    replied
    Well, if your store is anything like mine, the manager's name and face is plastered in the lobby with the name in big block letters.

Alternatively, it's probably printed at the top of the receipt. It's possible he does know the manager, on the other hand I go to plenty of stores where I know the name of the manager without having any sort of relationship that would land me brand name frozen pizza at house brand prices.

Leave a comment:

• Trixie
    replied
    I'm glad the old fart walked out of there with nothing. He's regular customer so it's possible he knows the manager.

But there has been an uptick of crusty old customers coming in lately.

Leave a comment:

• earl colby pottinger
    replied
    Waiting

Quoth TheWolfEmperor View Post
    I bet you he knew full well what he was doing. It just didn't pan out for him like it might at other places.
    We have seen too many stories of places that would have given in to him just to get rid of the old guy hanging around and ranting.

And as for name dropping, did he really know the manager or did just get the name from somewhere and thought you would give in?

Leave a comment:

• gerund
    replied
    Quoth Racket_Man View Post
    Your pun is really thin there..
    I was going to tell you to get stuffed, but I thought you might be cut up about it. Top that!

PS to the OP - I like a story with a happy ending. It could only have been better if the old man bought the pizzas at the correct price and acknowledged that you were correct. That would have been supreme!
    Last edited by gerund; 02-10-2018, 07:09 AM. Reason: Added a happy ending

Leave a comment:

Working...
X