This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Don't Want To Be A Bother?

Big wedding this weekend and I have a lot of rooms to clean. One guest comes up to me and tells me she only needs towels, no room service. I ask her if she needs coffee, bags, soap etc etc. She's fine she says.

So I go into the room next to hers and start cleaning. I look up to see her standing outside my cart rummaging around. I start to walk over and ask her what she needs when I hear her say "Oops." Sure enough while rummaging she knocked over my Dr. Pepper. While frantically cleaning it up I ask her what she needed, she told she realized she needed coffee after all. Why didn't she simply ask me for coffee you ask? She "didn't want to be a bother."

I give her the coffee and she's on her way. An hour later I am cleaning a room when I hear the sound of glass breaking. I run out to see her standing in front of the maid's closet a broken glass at her feet. It turns out she needed garbage bags and when she couldn't find them decided to check my closet. So now I have glass to clean up as well. I tell her that if she needs anything else please come and get me.

Things calm down some and I finish my day. I go to the soda machine before heading home. All of a sudden I hear her call out "Wait" She runs up to me and says "I'm so glad I caught you, I was trying to look for an iron and the closets are all locked. You must have locked them by accident or something." She says this in a very dismayed tone.

I finally mini-snapped "The reason they are locked is because I'm done for the day. We don't leave them open because we don't want people to ransack it. But you can ask the manager she has them in the lobby." She sighs and says "I didn't want to bother her"

Why is it when someone says "I don't want to be a bother" they are usually the most bothersome of all.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

She probably had a really sad childhood, but people like that still drive me crazy.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

She thinks she's being less of a bother by going through your things and creating new messes for you to clean up?
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I don't think people realize that asking a hotel employee for something that they normally do is in no way a bother. Trying to find stuff on your own, even if that involves going into rooms marked "employees only", is more of a bother to me when I see it. Makes me wonder if you are a theif or something, sneaking around in places you shouldn't and then saying "I didn't want to bother anyone".

Comment

I don't like to be a bother either but hey, I know how to ask people for things I need because, you know, I was taught "no touchy without permission".

Comment

When I used to work overnights at a small hotel, I would often get requests for like 10 towels for just two people staying in the room. Now either they were secretly hoarding a lot more people, or they were just messy. Never understood which. Same goes for extra pillows and blankets. But hey, I didn't clean them, so meh.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

"I don't want to be a bother"
              Then unfortunately, you have failed. Thank you for playing.
              You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Working...
              X