This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't help you if you don't provide me with information

Just got off the phone with this guy. He called asking about an e-mail he received, from our company, but a different department. As it happens, I can help him with his issue, but the best way to do so is to look at the e-mails he received. I ask him to forward them. Apparently that's the most unreasonable request since, well, evar. Dude seems to think that since it came from us, I can push a magic button and pull it up, and refuses to believe that there are multiple departments with no visibility into people's personal e-mails. Has several choice adjectives to describe why asking for a simple forward so a case can be opened and the issue researched is the dumbest thing ever. Claims there's nothing to research, despite my assurance that yes, this is most certainly something we need to look into.

All in all, I very politely explained that if he wanted any help, he would pretty much have to do what I asked. So he tops it off with what I'm sure he thought was a killing blow: "I'll just call [company that we handle service for] directly. I don't even know why they use you people; you're just a big pain in the ass."

Whatever, dude, now I can laugh at you without having to hit the mute button.
Working...
X