This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got a good one!

That's kind of scary, now that I think of it! I've finally got an SC worthy of making a post about and it took a month!

A little back story here. This was on Tuesday, I had lost my voice completely and had just discovered that I have a throat infection.

So, you know how you can just tell when someone's going to be a problem? Well, this lovely "lady" was one of 'em.

Comes up to get her husband's prescription. (Poor man, I think I understand why he's on what he's on, after meeting her!) She's not friendly to begin with, but, meh. Got to the part where I have her verify that the prescription is right and she wants to know why it's for only 15 and not 30. Go and take a look in the computer and that's all her insurance will pay for in a 30-day period. Well, she get all bent out shape about it and wants all 30. But, get this, she thinks that she's just gonna pay 2 ($7) co-pays. Sorry, don't work that way. Yes, we can fill it for all 30, but we'll have to switch it to cash, which is close to $50, and will take about 15 min since we have to redrop the script.

She also goes off on a tirade that she's gonna go back to Walgreen's. Fine and dandy, but you're going to hear the same thing there lady. It's your insurance, not us!

So, fast-forward 15 minutes. The "charming" woman comes back, I check her out, and say like I do to everyone, "Have a good day." She mutters to me, "You too, bitch." Well, I guess I had a look on my face when I turned around. S, my wonderful pharmacy manager asked me what she said. I told her, and she said, "I would call her at home and tell what-for if I wouldn't get in trouble."

I can't believe that it's taken a month for someone to annoy me this much!
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Welcome to the world of SC's. Only $7 for a month's worth of scrip. That's pretty good. I've seen some health plans for which "Why bother?" is a valid query.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Oh, I'm not new to the world of SCs, I've been in retail for about 12 years. This is just a new flavour for me!

Had a nice 9 month break when I went back to school, though!
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

*hands over hot tea, honey and lemons*
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

She also goes off on a tirade that she's gonna go back to Walgreen's.
          K bye thnkx.

Comment

I dream of only having to pay $7 for meds. I stopped bitching about the cost of one of mine ($42) when my doc told me how much the non generic is ($250).
            I'm confused though, what kind of med do you not have to take everyday? Is it a have on hand in case you need it kind of thing?

Comment

Damn, my copay is $25 and I can only get 30 at a pop, even though the scrip is for 90. The only way I can get the full 90 is if I go through mail order, which would save me $25 on the 3 months supply, but I've never bothered to do it.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                She also goes off on a tirade that she's gonna go back to Walgreen's.
                Do not want! We have enough of our own.

To be honest, whenever someone starts complaining about their copays or why their prescription is fewer in quantity than was prescribed, I just tell them to take it up with their insurance company. In that regard, I apologize to all the insurance company call center representatives for any and all suck I may inadvertently send your way.
                Marvin: "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to take you down to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction? 'Cos I don't."

Krispy Kreme puts the "ugh" back in "doughnuts".

Comment

Working...
                X