This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy yelled at me at the call box

Several people arrived for the Afro Colombian Dance Troupe. They either told me...
    • they are dropping off dance troupe members
    • they are dropping off people going to see the dance troupe
    • they are going to see the dance troupe
    • they are dance troupe members

According to the event list, the dept. has a token for everyone. So I told everyone "the dept. has your token to exit."

The phone inside the booth rings. I look up, & there is a maroon van at the exit gate.

me: "Visitor parking booth. How may I help you?"
    guy: *is on his cell phone during the entire conversation*
    "Yeah..I need to go back to the hotel. I parked in the garage, & I need to leave."
    me: "I'm sorry, I understand that, but I cannot raise the gate. You have to pay for your parking."
    guy: "Ok, but I need to leave."
    me: "I'm sorry, but I am not allowed to raise the exit gate. You have to pay for your parking."
    guy: "I dropped off people for the Afro Colombian Dance Troupe, & you let me in."
    me: *now you tell me that*
    "Ok, but I also told you that the dept. has your token to exit. Or you can pay for your parking inside the bldg."
    guy: "So what do I do?"
    me: "You either go back to the dept. or you pay for your parking inside the bldg."
    guy: "I have to go back to the dept.?"
    me: "I'm sorry, but that is how it works around here."
    guy: *he yells at me*
    "Look, I am already late."
    me: "I'll transfer this call to the parking office so you can speak to them about that at the call box."

I transfer the call to the parking office. "Nancy" answers the phone, & I say "the guy at the exit gate wants to talk to the parking office." I hang up the phone & watch what happens. He speaks to the call box, & then he backs up. He leaves several minutes later. He was not in a hurry.
Working...
X