X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy Return Gone So So Wrong

Hi,

I work as tech support in an electronics' store and do a bit of customer service. One day recently a customer came in and said his phone was no longer functional. It was a cordless lan line phone. I tested all of the connections on it and pulled up his receipt. It was of course broken due to a power surge likely and over 14 months old so out of warranty. I told him I would do an exchange anyway despite being out of warranty and outside of return/exchange period. Most people would be completely satisfied that their $17.99 phone would be replaced. His response at the exchange was anger. He exclaimed "This is BullS***". I was perplexed thinking he misunderstood and explained that there was no reason to get upset and I was performing an exchange. He looked at me as if I was dense and said "You...Get...Me...A...(explicit) Manager Now!!!" Still confused I got a manager and explained to him the situation. He came and told him the exchange was all we could do and there was not much else we could do. It turns out he told me he wanted "compensation" for this inconvenience of the phone breaking (even though the power surge was likely his own fault). He wanted a new phone, the original money refunded, and gas money to be refunded for his travel to the store. (This gas money request is not uncommon for nearly every upset customer.) So in the end after a 10 minute tirade towards me after my manager left, he took his phone (the broken one, refusing the exchange) and left. What a jerk.

I stop helping them when they start demanding gas money. They can put on their big girl panties and burn 50 cents worth of gas.

Comment

Who the hell demands gas money? Geeze....

Comment

I hate it when they do that....I had to drive from Seattle(more like Renton)to Kent to my dealership to have them tell me that my broken windshield was not defective and someone threw something against it.

My response? "Oh. damn. Ok thanks for your time." No demanding of gas money..idiot customers
        Out of retail!

Comment

Asking for gas money? WTF? It would never even occur to me to ask for it. I guess icing on the cake would be asking to be paid for your time too...

SirWired

Comment

I got nothing. Brain went into blue screen of death mode.
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

"I would have been GLAD to take care of this for you if you had brought it back within the warranty period.... what else can we help you with today?"

Comment

Working...
              X