This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Do I have to come back tomorrow?" & guy who kept asking why

Visitor parking is reserved. Since the software that changes the open sign is not working properly, the parking office had a bigwhite sign stating Visitor parking is closed for a special event. I guess it's cheaper to have a sign made instead of fixing the software problem. The white sign is placed in front of the ticket machine.

First customer:

Guy with a female passenger sitting in the seat next to him arrive.

me: "Hi, how may I help you?"
    guy: "I'm here to pay my tuition"
    me: "I'm sorry, I understand you are here to pay your tuition, but the big white sign in front of the ticket machine states Visitor parking is closed for a special event, & so I am not allowed to let anyone park."

Now the guy has an attitude

guy: "What ?!!!! I can't pay my tuition?"
    me: *you can pay for your tuition, but you have to park somewhere else*
    "I'm sorry, but I am not allowed to override the sign stating Visitor parking is closed for a special event"
    guy "So what is it reserved for?"
    me: "Events"
    guy:" So do I have to come back tomorrow?"
    me: "Other parking is available around the campus"

Guy rolls up his window & backs up.

Second customer:

A staff member with an expired permit arrived to get a permit to park in the staff garage & to do other business. I looked at the big white sign & recited it to him verbatim & said I am not allowed to let anyone park. He asked why a couple of times. Well...look at the sign. Plus I felt "I am not allowed to let anyone park" is sufficient. But I guess since he works at the university, he should know exactly why. Someone had arrived earlier for a meeting & asked me to call the parking office since she would be here for less than an hour. So I call the parking office. "Nancy" says no. So I told the male staff member that the parking office turned away someone here for a meeting. That did not work because he wanted me to call the parking office. I told him "I am not allowed to override their authority" He backed up, & I heard him say "I do not know why I even bothered going here" as he was backing up.
Working...
X