This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complain To Who?

As I explained before, I work in a call centre where we authorise payments to customers who have had a problem with our service.

We have to follow strict guidelines laid down by financial authorities as to when and how we audit these payments.While we can bend the rules a little over whom we pay depending on the type of problem they have had, in general this cannot happen too often as all the money we pay out is audited within the company tax returns etc, and everything has to be shown to be correct.

A customer was shouting at me becuase I said I had no grounds on which to pay him anything (I forget if his problem had not lasted long enough or if it was some other problem that I could not pay, but I was explaining it to him)

me - everything has to be audited properly and I could not show good reason for this to be paid to you, if i did
    customer asks for head office number so he can complain
    me -*gives head office number, then explains that on the scenario he has given, they will not be able to bend the rules for him*

customer then asks who set the rules and who he can speak to
    me *the financial regulations were laid down by the banks and they had to have all their rules approved by the government therefore I think you need to complain to Gordon Brown*

Customer grumbles and puts phone down.

Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"
Working...
X