This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head, meet register. Firmly.

I didn't deal with this one directly, but I witnessed it.

Background: my company has two company brand labels: our generic no-name brand which is really better off used for sausage sizzles or to feed ducks, and our "select" labels which are meant to be of better quality than the home brand, but fall somewhere in between the home brand and the name brand stuff.

So tonight, we had a guy who decided to argue that because the tag (which was for our NO-NAME bread-not the one he bought), the actual loaf he bought AND the no-name brand I grabbed off the shelf to prove a point all said "<Company> <bread type> that he should either get the loaf for free or get it reduced.

He might have had a point if he bothered to read the bread tag...when they get very close to expiry date, THEN we mark them down, as we've been doing tonight. The bread was nowhere near expiry date, the no-name labels are clearly marked as such, so he had no point at the time.

He eventually left sans bread and threatening to report us to the ACCC for false advertising. (he'll get nowhere, our no-name brand labels are marked as those labels, any specials are marked differently)

Manager who argued with him:
    supervisor:
    me:
    Last edited by fireheart; 03-30-2010, 01:23 AM.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...
Working...
X