This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make up your mind already!

Background: I make and sell quilts, blah blah blah.

So I have a bunch of quilts listed in my online store. I get a message from someone wanting a larger version of one of my quilts that I had for sale. No biggie, I go and see which one they like. Small problem: it's one I finished this year with fabric that I bought 3 years ago - at a going-out-of-business sale. Did a google search and couldn't find it. Called around to all 7 of my local fabric stores. No dice. I told them that I was very sorry and that I wasn't able to find the fabric. (They had requested I use the same exact fabric to make their larger quilt.) This was back in October before Really-Big-Craft-Show.

Fast forward to yesterday. I get another message from them asking for a large quilt, but this time with a similar fabric that I was able to find. I quoted them the same price that I had in October. Apparently this was too high, even though they had said it was okay back in October and for the holidays I'm doing a free shipping promotion so it's even cheaper.

So just now they asked me to cut off the binding and add on more to my existing completed quilt to make it the size that they wanted. While this can be done, it's a very labor intensive process that I'm not experianced enough with yet to offer to customers. Plus they were looking to "upgrade" a lap-size quilt to a full-size and without the same fabric it would just look tacky and wrong with 2 feet all around of not-quite-matching fabric. And I know that they'd complain about it looking tacky. So I politely told them that I can't alter a quilt once it's completed.

Seriously, I know you want the quilt, you know you want the quilt....just buy the quilt. Drape it over a couch or something. Or take my offer of a custom one in a similar fabric. Either one is fine. Just don't expect a custom quilt before Christmas. I'm swamped with T-Shirt quilt orders till then.
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/
Working...
X