This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valentine's Day sucks

The first suck was my first customer of the day: A woman had 5 of those bags that you mix dried pasta with water to make a pasta side. We have a special where if you buy 5 of a certain brand you get them for $4. However, this woman only had 3 of that brand and 2 were the store brand. She asks me why two of them rang up $1.45 and it's not coming up as 5 for $4. I tell her it's because she has two of them that are store brand and not the national brand. Her response?:
    "Well that's the difference?"
    Wow, how could you not know the difference between a store brand and a national brand? She then continues to go on and on about making a mistake and not having the time to get 2 more of the national brand.

Second suck: Not on my line thankfully but I feel so sorry for the cashier that was the victim. A woman had a raincheck for tissue boxes that said 5 for $5 limit 2 offers. So this means she could get 10 altogether. She only got 6 boxes. The cashier wasn't sure that she could get more than 5 and wanted to ask a manager to get an OK. The customer though wasn't happy about this, treating the cashier like a moron. What she said to her was something to the effect of this:
    "I can't believe this! It's a simple raincheck! You're the cashier and I'm telling you how to do your job!"
    The cashier literally looked to be on the verge of tears and kept trying to explain that she just wanted to check and was just asking a question. What a tool this woman was.
Working...
X