This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New (and Long) Adventures

So, as I stated in my reintroduction greeting, I am working at a new (to me) hotel, that also has a Lounge/Nightclub. It's really great, and the best part is I'm the full=time Night Auditor, not switching between shifts like my last job.

So, anyway, I thought I'd share some of my recent encounters.

And you waited 'til the last minute for what reason?

Locally, July is a busy time, weekends especially, and the 4x4 Truck Show weekend in particular. This event has been going on for about 20 years, and jack's up hotel rates all over the area.

I had a guy call recently that wanted a room for all 3 nights of the event. He normally stayed at [competitor], but they were sold out when he called, so he was going to give us a shot...until he learned it would cost him more than $400.00 total.

That's what procrastination gets you.

How to read coupons in 3 easy steps

Had a guest come to the desk complaining that no one told her about the RoomSaver coupon book when she called to book a room. Now, I had been infomed by my boss that for us to mention the existence of said book to a customer could result in terminaton. However, the woman was also coming in on a very busy night, and, as the fine print says, we weren't accepting them due to the "Special Event" in the area. When informed of this, the woman was still upset, but all the air had gone out of her argument.

More On Coupons

Had a guy come in asking for a room at the coupon rate. I politely refused for the same reason as above (but a different event). Guy starts calling me names for this, even after I point out the clause on the coupon.

Entitled Much!

Had a guy come in during a particularly busy night. I only had the suite left, and that never falls under the coupon rate. It also isn't available for a form of payment known as Corporate Lodging. For those not familiar with this, this is a form of Direct Bill where the customer pays an organization (known in the industry by the acronym CLC) a nominal fee for a very good rate at various hotels that accept the card. This is a contract rate between the hotel and CLC, not the customer and the rates vary from one hotel to another.

Anywho, the suite is also not available to CLC. The guest presents both of these as an option, and when I inform him that we are not accepting those discounts tonight due to the limited availability, he states he is going to call RoomSaver (who could care less since we pay to put the coupons in these free books), and CLC (who won't be able to do anything because we were following our contract).

However, since he pretty much called me a liar, I said "You know what, I don't have any rooms left, I just sold my last one."

Don't act like an ass, we have ways of getting back at you.

Purse-uit and Capture

We had a wedding party here, partly held in our Ballroom, and then continued in the Lounge. Along the way one of the bridesmaids misplaced her purse (she left in in the bar while she went to the bathroom and had a smoke, and couldn't find it when she came back). She claimed that one of our security had agreed to watch it (he denied it).

After having us look everywhere for it, she asked for me to call the police (which I did). The police were obviously impressed by her tale, and basically told her to cancel all her cards and get her documets reissued, while at the same time asking us to keep an eye out, and inform them if it turned up. The cops left, and the bar closed about 15 min. later. Approx. 15 min after that, the purse was located behind a trashcan in the Lounge, apparently intact. So I called the police again, as per their request, to tell them it had been found.

The officer on the phone said "You've got to be kidding me."

That's it for now,

SC
    Last edited by BroSCFischer; 06-26-2011, 07:51 AM. Reason: Typos
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!
Working...
X