Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awesome Waitress story (wherein my brain to mouth filter fails me)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Waitress story (wherein my brain to mouth filter fails me)

So we were up in Taylor, MI for the prerelease event on the latest set of cards for Magic The Gathering (yes my friends and I are geeks and proud of it ) In any case we stopped at Applebees after the event, which was about 9:00pm local time and it seems a good number of the event goers decided on doing the same and poor Applebees was slammed and slightly understaffed.

So the praise here goes to our waitress for having an absolutely infectious attitude, joking with us, and we gave as much back as we got and just all around being fun. Between two of us I know we tipped her at least $45 on what ultimately amounted to a $90 bill all told.

My BTMF also failed at one point or at least I said something other than I meant to say. I forget the exact circumstance but the waitress dropped a joke about one of my friends trying to trick her.

What I meant to say was "Shes smarter than you're giving her credit for."

what ended up coming out was "Shes smarter than she looks." Which got a big round of gasps and a dirty look and then a laugh from the waitress (what makes this worse is aside from the driver I was the only one not drinking). When she came around to collect my plate I made up for it by apologizing and said she could only have my plate if she promised not to hit me with it. She came back by saying she would make no guarantees.

Just all around awesome service and a very nicely written letter from the group of us to the restaurant to compliment her
Working...
X