This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy who got money back!

This is technically an "oops", but the guy was really cool about the whole thing, so it's better suited here I think.

Guy comes in and has a party reservation. I ring him up, and he's on his way to bowl.

Manager comes by later and asks if they arrived, I say yes, and show her where they are.

M = Manager
    NC = Nice Customer
    Me = ME! WOOT!

M: "How much did he pay?"
    Me: "$181.91"
    M: "Is that with his deposit?"
    Me: "Huh!? What deposit!?"
    She pulls out an extra sheet that was printed up for his party that I didn't realize was on my clipboard.
    M: "Right here, he already put down a $25 deposit. You were suppose to subtract that from his total."
    Me: "I didn't even see that, want me to just deduct it now and give him the cash back?"
    M: "We can't do that it has to be deducted when you do the transaction."
    Me: "Crap, what do we do then?"
    M: "We can't really do anything...... wait, did he use a credit card?"
    Me: "yeah."
    M: "Run down there and have him come up with the card, i can do a refund to it."

So I run down and find the guy.

Me: "I made a small mistake when I rang you up, I forgot to deduct your deposit, I need you to come up with the credit card you payed with. We owe you money."
    NC: * laughing a bit* "Wait, you OWE me money?"
    Me: "Yeah, how many times do you hear that?"
    NC: *Turns to his party, laughing* "Hey I'll be right back! They're giving me money!"

He was joking about it the whole time, and was really nice about the whole thing. He had actually forgotten he put the deposit down until that moment as well.
    <Insert clever signature here>
Working...
X