This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG! Poor thing!

I'm not sure exactly where to put this since its not sucky, and not about me, but it is related to retail.

Today I went to the mall and into Icing(which is like Claire's, but better IMO). I was looking at nail polish and the chick working there calls over asks if I need anything, and when I tell her I'm fine she tells me to let her know if I need anything. Pretty normal right?
    I pick out my nail polish and head to the counter to find it full. She asks if I'm ready to check out, I say I am, she makes room on the counter for my purchase and appologises for the mess.

They had just remodeled the entire store last night adn she was there, ALONE putting everything in order and dealing with customers. The credit card machine wasn't working, the phone wasn't working, she couldn't find her rolodex w/ the merchant's number to do a call in on my credit card, and the computer wouldn't print a reciept. She wound up hand writing a reciept for me and hand writing the bar code numbers and prices and initialing the reciept for me.

I was her firswt customer of the day. Poor thing kept appoligisng and I kept telling her it wasn't her fault, and they shoudl have scheduled her with more help and made sure everythign worked before they had her working by herself.

There is amazing potential for SC's there today. I really felt for her!
Working...
X