This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast, nice... what more?

So, the other night my wife and I were both quite tired coming home from work and neither could be bothered cooking dinner.

There is a small take-away Chinese restaurant about half a mile away from where we live who does deliveries, so we decide to call in. We make our order and are given an ETA of about 30 minutes, which is more than fine with us. We accept the fact that, being our order cheaper than a certain amount of money but formed by a high number of items (pretty much we ordered a full dinner of starters), we will have to pay a delivery surcharge of about £2.00 "or £2.50", as the man over the phone said.

We sit on the couch reading a bit, then I hear a knock on the door. 10 minutes from the order, so it must be somebody else, right? Wrong. It is a well-dressed lady with our Chinese dinner. I thank her for her rapidity, she hands me the bill. That doesn't include the delivery surcharge. I point this out, she says that "it doesn't matter" as she was "going this way" anyway. So I proceed to pay. She gives me the change, I tell her that she can keep it - well, she replies "I am the owner of the place, I don't need a tip, but you are really kind to offer". To which my jaw drops to the floor while she puts the change in my hand and walks away smiling.

And there was a free bag of prawn crackers, too.
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Wow, there must be an epidemic of great delivery people in town!

The other day we called an *Indian/Kebab* restaurant (therefore different from the Chinese from my older post). We ordered a single item, a "munchy box" full of deliciousness that is usually more than enough for both. Usually we drive there as we have a pretty good relationship with the man running the place, but the car was not working too well at that moment. So we call.

The person over the phone confirms price and address, reminds us of a £1.50 delivery charge because technically we are not in town plus £1 more as we were - once again - spending less than a certain sum. The total, delivery included, summed up to £7 (yes, quite cheap for something so delicious delivered at your door. Great deal for us). As it is summer and it is a tourist resort, we are told that we will need to wait for "30 to 45 minutes". We confirm that we are fine with it and we confirm the address and telephone number.

Well, after exactly 30 minutes the delivery arrives. I pay with a £10 note saying to "keep the change". Unbelievably, the guy says that, as £3 is nearly 50% of the total price of our order, he can not accept as "it is too much". I insist, he gladly keeps the money (I am talking about £3 here, not a fortune!) and starts thanking me until he realises that I am getting embarrassed and leaves.

And in the box there was extra cheese and 4 mushroom pakora instead than 2

I am suspecting that the owner of the place had recognised me
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Working...
    X