This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self-praising: You Lost Your Wallet

At the wholesale club today, I briefly helped a woman wearing a US Navy ACU uniform. She'd had a question about some sparkling cider, wondering where it was, since she hadn't seen it on the juice aisle. Being that the juice aisle is the only place I could recall seeing it-- and it wouldn't be on the wine aisle-- I professed to being unable to help, and suggested she ask at customer service.

Short while later, I see her doing just that, talking with MOD JA, who is covering the desk and does stock replenishment, so is the right person to speak with concerning an item's location.

About half an hour or so later, Hoss and I are sent out to go get a few trains of carts into the store to re-supply. While searching for the red plastic "stabilizer" carts that Hoss and I use, I notice that someone has left their wallet in one of the carts. Hoss and I take a look at it, but the name and face on the DL and store card don't trigger any recollection.

Until I notice there's a military ID in the wallet as well. Along with all her credit cards, cash, and checkbook.

I stash it in my jacket pocket while we take the train of carts inside, and then promptly go up to the service desk. JA is there, we have a conversation roughly on these lines.

J2K: Hey, JA, you remember the lady in the Navy camo?
    JA: Yeah?
    J2K: (hold up wallet) She left her wallet in the parking lot.
    JA: (sighs) I just got off the phone with her.

I leave the wallet with him, go back to doing carts with Hoss.

Later in the evening, as Hoss and I are getting ready to go out and finish the carts, I see that the Navy lady has returned. I stop and mention I'd found the wallet for her, and get a smile and a grateful thank-you.

So, yeah, that felt good.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!
Working...
X