This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Props to Verizon Wireless Tech Rep!

I've been having an ongoing issue with my Moto Droid for some time now. It's been doing the 'mute of death' as termed by the internet. Mutes on its own and goes to the lock screen.

I placed a call to Customer Service only to have it go horridly. I explained my issue, and the research I'd done on the issue to her. I explained it was a device issue, not a sporatic one time deal. Multiple people were having this issue and Motorola wasn't putting out a fix. Here's the crappy experience. I was told that SHE had a Droid, and SHE didn't have any issues like that, so it couldn't be a known issue, and Motorola would only let them swap out my phone for a CPO of the exact same model. I was upset because I knew it wouldn't help but I understood the order of things that neede to be done. I just didn't appreciate the attitude.

Cue to the following day. I recieve my replacement and activate it. The problem is WORSE. Instead of occasional calls it was happing on every single call I made or recieved.

I called Cust. Service again, fearing the worst and praying I wouldn't turn into a customer I'd read about here, but I was livid. I get put through to technical support and the first thing he did after I explained my issue was go to Motorola's website and look up the issue himself. He found a thread detailing the problem and realized that it answered the problem HE himself was having with his Droid.

After reading through the thread and finding no fix for the issue, he immidately offered to replace my Droid with a Droid 2, after checking to make sure the D2 didn't have the same issues.

So... thank you Tech Support guy for renewing my faith in Verizon Wireless's customer support.
Working...
X