This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cookies

I work on tech support for a large real-estate franchisor, and my customers are members of the franchisee offices around the country - my company also runs training/skills sessions for our customers, sometimes inside our building.

I'm sitting at my desk, dealing with the usual slew of monkeys with mice and keyboards, when I get a call from our reception area - "Kylie, the principal (owner/manager) of the XYZ office is down here and wants to see you"

Oh crap. Oooh crap. "Kylie" runs one of the most successful real estate businesses in the country, and has a lot of sway. What did I do? I must look worries, 'cause one of my team pipes up with, "What's wrong with your face, boss? You look like... well, you, but moreso."

They're a lovely team, really. We're like family. Little bastards.

I head downstairs, and this stiff, tight-lipped middle-aged lady is standing there, along with a twenty-something year old girl holding a box rather sheepishly.

"Hi Kylie, I'm Dave - how are you?"

Suddenly her tight expression disappears and she gives me a warm smile, then proceeds to explain that, apparently, I had spoken to the younger girl quite a few times and sorted all sorts of things out (none of which I recall, of course - it's all a blur) and that, in thanks, they had a little token for me. The girl handed me the box.

They baked me cookies.

I looked at them dumbly, then fell over myself with thankyous, gave her a friendly hug and kiss on the cheek, then took the provender of my tech support success upstairs and shared them around.

Later on, I popped downstairs to the training course to introduce myself and talk about my team - just before I left, I told the class of 40 odd people that the key to a good result was sending us baked goods, and gave Kylie a little grin

That one put a smile on my face for days. I just couldn't stop saying it.. "A customer baked me cookies..."
Working...
X