This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lodge manger must be a demigoddess...

I'm currently staying at a lodge while doing a University course. With this Uni course though, we run on a trimester timetable, so we run at different times to other Universities.

Due to my own reason, I am no long going to attend Uni. Gonna wrap up my last few weeks and leave.

However, I found out that the licence I recently renewed meant that I would still have to pay for the room until I found someone to replace me or until it expired, which would be next year.
    That would be about more than $6000 of rent I would of needed to pay for an empty room.

My parents and I would struggle to continue paying for that! I told my parents and we were organising how we were going to manage it. My dad told me he was going to ring up and find more info out.

I dunno what he and the manager organised, but he rang back and told me to go down to the manger, who I will call 'L".

L told us this (with a smile on her face) :
    • The licence would be cancelled with no additional payments needed.
      We would not have to pay for the room anymore after a organised date.
    • My room mate would get a free transfer to a single room.

I was like:

She saved us both a ton of money!
    I'm gonna send her some flowers and a thank you card. What type should I give her?
    Also gonna get my dad something nice. Some TF2 hats and weapons should be nice (he plays Team Fortress 2).

L, you rock!
    Sucky Employees = The result of sucky customers getting a job...

Quoth Iseeyouthere View Post
    Also gonna get my dad something nice. Some TF2 hats and weapons should be nice (he plays Team Fortress 2).
    Dad's STEAMID plz....

That's really awesome that the Lodge Manager did that, wow!!! Makes me so happy to read things like this.

Comment

Wonderful!
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

WOO! Go LodgeLady! Make sure you tell her boss how awesome she is!
        hmmm flowers... I'd say no flowers, but that's because them dying makes me sad in a way I don't like.
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
          WOO!
          hmmm flowers... I'd say no flowers, but that's because them dying makes me sad in a way I don't like.
          ...what? Dying?

I'm sending her flowers as a sign of saying thank you, not to symbolise a death.

What the hell are you talking about?

Comment

Quoth Iseeyouthere View Post
            I'm sending her flowers as a sign of saying thank you, not to symbolise a death.
            If you send cut flowers, they're dying and will only last a few days at most before they're sad and wilted. I like to send actual plants, instead.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Yus, what Andara said. But, having a plant means you might kill it, more responsibility, so that's why I stick with a card and maybe a gift card to somewhere... but gift cards to someone you don't really know is awkward, adn they may not like coffee, ChainStore... XD I overthink things. A live plant of something simple would rock.
              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

....right....

Flowers it is.

Comment

big fat help I was!

Comment

Working...
                  X