This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'It wasn't your fault, but thanks for your help.'

Ok, so I get a, elderly customer who initially complains about the fact that our leaflets and magazines are no longer being printed. This is a fair complaint, so instead, I tell her what I can, request the booking line number from the duty manager, and write down the times of a film that is coming out the following week that appeals to her.

Me: I'm sorry that you came this way just to find your film's not showing anymore, unfortunately we've had some early kid's films in and Three Musketeers came out today on top of that.
    Customer: That's all right, it's not your decision to make so it's not your fault, you've been a great help <my name> it's so lovely when someone who honestly cares works in one of these jobs.
    Me: That's kind of you, I'm just someone who likes making other people happy.
    Customer: And it shows (puts the piece of paper with the film times and the booking number into her purse) thank you very much and have a nice day now.
    Me: You too.

I love it when customers are accepting when things don't go to plan, so kudos to her too

The good customer. It's very, very rare, a truly blessed moment.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
    X