This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I Haven't Quit My Job

When I aired some issues with my co-workers, most of which I am related to, a lot of you, who had horror stories about similar situations, told me to get out. There is a good reason why I haven't (beyond the fact that my schedule is so flexible I could work 10 hours one week and 70 the next if I wanted to.) My main issue with my cousins, I'll admit is, if they weren't there, or were more competent, I may have gotten a raise last year. Politics 101. :P

This conversation was one sided, as I only heard the end my boss was on.

He talked with the customer for a bit, then started saying some rather unusual things, akin to "The old owner, yea, he was pretty stressed out by the end there. I can completely understand why you don't like him, but, he won't work on your motor, he only does <other brand> stuff. And while you didn't want to work with us because he works with us, we have people that won't give us our business unless he's there. We see both ends with him."

Yes, the old owner was notorious (and still is among us employees) for "I don't wanna!" and turning away work.

Then, he talked about one of our other employees: "Now, the guy that is working on your motor is a different story. He came to me when the business started and said "My unemployment is about to run out and I can't get a job. I haven't worked on motors for a few years, but when I did, I never hit book rates. If it says that I am going to take an hour, I'll probably take an hour and a half. But I will get it done right.

"And I told him I didn't know if I could keep him on for the month, the season, or the year... and we've kept him employed since then."

So yes, I do sometimes get frustrated with the lack of communication between the owners, and the ineptitude of my cousins (the one I'm mostly bothered with is going to find another job ), and their refusal to change sometimes (they're still using Internet Explorer, which causes more problems than it solves sometimes).

However, I know that they will have my back. I know they will trust me and back me just like they did those employees. So, this is why, despite my little irks, I'm fine with dealing with them. It could be much worse.
Working...
X