This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally a Great Experience!

Mr. Wooden and I used to frequent a southern style chain restaurants, because their biscuits are to die for (not to mention their meatloaf, mac and cheese and the fact that they are the only restaurant north of the Mason-Dixon that serves real sweet tea...). Sadly, we stopped going there for awhile due to a series of incidents of just absolutely terrible customer service. I sent in my comments to their website, but nothing really came of it. So, we just stopped going for awhile (over 6 months and for two people that eat out frequently, that's bad).

We decided to give them another shot. I admit that I really can't resist the allure of those dang biscuits (and that's one of the few Southern cooking recipes that I never could seem to master when I lived with my bio parent).

The waitress was super prompt. We were actually all set by the time she got to us, so we gave her our food and drink orders right away. She was incredibly polite and was really friendly (even though it was kind of busy at the time, she was able to make every table feel welcome). She remembered that we wanted biscuits only, because their cornbread tends to lean on the dry side which we told her. She brought us out one cornbread in addition to the biscuits, because they were fresh. I was amazed. The cornbread was awesome!...so she brought us more. She was super quick at filling our drinks, I never had an empty glass. She remembered my little food quirks when I ordered (apple butter and chow chow are not on the menu, but it is something that can come with your food if you ask).

I was so impressed with this experience that I asked to speak with her manager, so that the manager knew how awesome his server really is. We wound up talking to the manager for at least a half an hour and had some really good conversation. I love the fact that I feel much happier about going to that restaurant.

It turns out that within the last year, the management and staff has gotten pretty much a complete overhaul which may have accounted for the inconsistency.

So, after awesome treatment by the server and awesome treatment by the manager (he brought Mr. Wooden free bacon, because we were talking about how cruddy bacon is at certain fast food joints), I left a sizeable tip (200% of the bill) and plans to come back in the near future!
Working...
X